SPECIALITY POTATO WITH DEEP YELLOW FLESH SUITABLE PRIMARILY FOR FRESH CONSUMPTION, POTENTIALLY AS A KUMARA SUBSTITUTE.
- ARD 89-1402 x ARD 88-883 (ex Phureja)
- Agrico Research, Bant, Netherlands
- Breeder's Representative
- Agrico, Netherlands
- Late season, but not suited to long term storage
- Good, but avoid heavy soil types and stress
- Small to medium tubers
Round oval shape, somewhat irregular at times
Yellow skinned with yellow flesh
- Eating Quality
- Good taste, very suitable for pre-packing, speciality fresh market floury potato. Potential as a kumara substitute.
- Virus Diseases
- Susceptible to potato virus Y.
- Other Diseases
- Good resistance to Erwinia and Late Blight.
Susceptible to common scab.
- Not resistant to potato cyst nematodes or potato wart.